Information Technology | Full Time | Santa Monica, CA, United States
UBM Canon, the leading B-to-B media company dedicated exclusively to the global $3.0 trillion advanced design and manufacturing sector, helps support the flow of information, commerce and innovation in such sophisticated segments as medical devices and pharmaceutical development. UBM Canon also addresses cutting-edge developments in broader areas of advanced engineering design and manufacturing, and manufacturing processes and packaging.
UBM Canon has an immediate opening for a Web Developer in our Santa Monica, California office.
- Lead and participate in medium- to large-scale projects
- Contribute automated acceptance, regression, and unit tests
- Drupal - Features Specification, Module Selection, Customization and Implementation
- Apply knowledge of emerging technologies (HTML5, CSS3, Mobile, Oauth)
- Participate in and lead the conceptual phase of projects
- Provide thought leadership around new approaches, workflows and technologies
- Team driven development
- Data Analytics – Tools, Implementation Strategies, and Reporting (Omniture, Google Analytics)
- Define and parse data interchange structures to integrate with internal and external back end services
- Integrate Social Media plug-ins and APIs for Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Understand and work around common issues like browser security issues, iframe to iframe communication, https requests
- 3-5 years of industry Experience developing Web-based applications that interface with a database
- 1-5 years of experience with PHP CMS Platforms
- Hands-on experience in full lifecycle technical development projects
- Experience integrating social networking applications into technology solutions
- Experience integrating third-party technology with Drupal
- Experience with Source Code Management systems, preferably Git
- Architect solutions using industry standard methodologies
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Local or willing to relocate
At UBM plc, we invite you to be part of an organisation that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and to being a responsible, sustainable business. UBM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.